The Wright family has been going up to Wolfcreek in the Unitah's for generations now. My Great-Grandpa's generation, my Grandpa's generation, my Dad's generation, my generation, and now my kids. I love it! It is a week or more of hard core camping. Now, I say hard core...No running water. It is porta potties and bring up as much water as you'll need. This trip has been upgrading along the way though. First, it was strictly tents. Then tent trailers came into the picture. Now, full blown campers or trailers are scattered around the camp :) The first day consists of setting up and then it is just pure relaxation. Food, games, golf, (yes, I said golf), more food, read a great book, get a tree to chop for firewood and end the night with dinner, a deer hunt, hot chocolate by the fire, put the kids to bed and then talking around the fire with adults. Ahhhh, sounds heavenly right? Now let me tell you how much the kids enjoy this trip. Do whatever you want, eat whatever you want, in the great outdoors for a week! What kid wouldn't love that? Here are a few pictures of our grand adventure known as Wolfcreek!
Here is our humble abode.
This is about an hour after we arrived. This is the perfect Wolfcreek face covered in dirt.
Bella and Gracie in their "Kitchen". Notice the little fire pit they made. So cute!
My creative Mother had all sorts of things for the kids. These are the backpacks they got to paint that would hold all their "stuff" while we were there.
I've been trying all day to add to this post. I started it last night but didn't finish. It's not letting me add anymore pictures. I think I'll publish this and continue Wolfcreek on the next post. :)

3 comments:
Im glad you had fun, and I am so glad you liked the book, I am thinking it is time to re-read
I'll be honest, I'm a little surprised to see you camping this way! I had no idea. I thought for sure you were a cabin or hotel kind of camper. Little did I know! Sounds great and I LOVE that it carries on for generations. Awesome
oh and I totally did the hair thing too with my hair in the pool or the tub when I was young. There's just certain things that all kids end up doing. It's fun
Post a Comment