Chris started up a commercial construction business in September 2008. He hired his wonderful mother to be his office manager. Last week in a phone conversation, she told him to sit down because she had some big news. She then announced that she would officially retire in April of this year. She had kind of hinted to this a few months ago, so I don't think he was terribly surprised. He stewed around for a minute wondering who they were going to hire. All of the sudden, his face lit up and he said, " you can do it!" Pointing to me!?!? Well after much discussion and thought, I will be taking over as office manager of Maverix Contracting. It is a strange feeling to be going back to work after a two year break. If I could pick a job though, this would be it. It is very laid back, at home kind of work. I'm hoping to do most of the work first thing in the morning and while Ava is napping. The extra income will be huge bonus as well! Enough about that, let's get on with 2009 :)
I love the month of May, it's finally warm! One of the highlights happened on the Saturday before Mother's Day. Chris was late to Bella's soccer game. When he did show up, I noticed he had a strap on his shoulder, kind of purse looking. I walked up to him and asked what he was carrying. He said "surprise" and whipped out a camera bag. What? He opened it and there was a brand new, high tech camera. It's the Cannon Rebel xsi, for all you knowledgeable camera folk. I, on the other hand, know nothing about this subject. I was very excited however for an upgrade from our point and shoot. (I still need major classes or lessons) It was put to work right away and it really does make a difference to have this kind of camera. Here a few shots taken that day....
Our first lesson should be lighting.
Bella and Mae, happily started posing while Chris was testing out the new camera. These two were really getting into it and were having a great time.
Cutie!
We took a trip down to St. George with the Johnson's and Hadley Wood. We love this get away. Not too far, very warm, and just plain relaxing. The kids love to swim, swim, swim and play at the park. We're very lucky to have parents who have a home to enjoy down there!
Chalk on the driveway is always the first thing the girls love to do upon arrival. It will entertain them forever. The only draw back is the mess all over their bodies. If it keeps them busy, who cares, right?
Mya, now missing tooth number two.
Mya, Bella and Hadley, ready to swim.
Ava couldn't wait to get in the water.
The girls have mastered the monkey bars and love to do it over and over again. The only thing that stops them, is when they get blisters.
Mya is such a character, check out her silly face.
Mya discovered a new hobby this time down. Snail collecting. They are everywhere, she would group them into families according to their size. I couldn't believe how many she collected. She even got yelled at with her new found love and was told to "leave the snails alone" from a crabby old neighbor lady :)
Our failed attempt to get a picture of all the kids together. This is the best one out of several shots.
Noah
Cole, flying a kite.
Chris and Ava taking it easy after a fun day at the park.
Ryan got tired as well :)
Emery
This is the only picture I have of Angie. Not the greatest lighting. She disappears when the camera is out.
As you can see, we had a great time. Are you still with me? This post has been SO long!

1 comment:
You and your camera do such a good job. The pictures are great. That silly - Angie - hiding from the camera. She looks great in pictures so she shouldn't run.
Post a Comment