2.09.2010

August 2009 - Continued

I know, I am giving you a post overload. Just get it done! I had a great discovery this past August, I am allergic to weeding. As most of you know, Chris and I are not great at yard work. I wish we would do better. We have WAY too many flower beds at our house. The landscape designer talked us into it and his drawings looked amazing so we agreed. Big mistake! I can handle the front yard but the back, oh man, it's a mess. I was out weeding one day when all of the sudden I began itching like crazy. This has never happened before. I immediately stopped all yard work when I noticed this...

Can you believe that? I don't know if you can tell from these photo's but these hives covered my arms and legs. I figured out that it was the weed that is a tumbleweed looking plant before it dies. Why would we have these in our yard? Well, we don't have a fence and our backyard is one big giant field. I called Chris to tell him what happened, hoping to get some sympathy. His response was very logical, "Just don't touch that kind of weed." Funny :)


These were one of the major highlights of our summer. Our first tomato plant. And it actually produced! We were slow to start because we were watering way too much. As soon as we slowed down the water, the tomato's came! LOVE them. Sliced, salted, and on a piece of bread, YUM!


Day break Beach


This was our first time to this awesome beach. We loved it. It almost made me feel like I was in California :) Very fun activity to do with the kids, and the best part, it's free. Too bad it was closed. I hope they can figure out how to clean the water.

My brother Danny got married this past August. We love Bre, she fits in perfectly! We held a bridal shower at my house for her.
Here is Bre (blonde), her sister, and her mom.

For some reason, the support at showers are not great with our extended family. We warned Bre that there was a chance nobody would come (it happened once). We were delighted when our Grandma and Aunt Ruthann came!

Martsi and my sister in law, Emilee.

My sister Tiffany, Shelby and Bella, holding sweet baby, Andi Grace. I'm not sure why but I didn't get a picture of Tarren. And then my Aunt Pam and her daughter Kirsten came as well.



The Wedding


What a great weekend of celebration!

1 comment:

Amy M. said...

Fun to check your blog and have all these posts to read. I love it.
Cute pictures! The one of Emery putting sand in Ava's hair is funny. Speaking of hair, Max's was out-of-control long and darker than it is now.