2.22.2010

November 2009

We did the greatest thing ever! Had a load of sky miles that we needed to use. Planned a total top secret, surprise vacation to our absolute favorite place on earth - DISNEYLAND! The girls didn't have a clue. Like mentioned before, we went down to St. George for Halloween weekend. It was to distract the girls from the real trip. We left St. George on Sunday "to go home." We got on the freeway heading south though. As we pass Vegas, the girls didn't say a word. As we go through the port of California and get stopped, the girls don't say a word. After hours of driving, minutes before getting off the freeway at Disneyland, Mya asks, "Dad, are we still in St. George?" He answers no. "Then why are there still palm trees?" Oh, we are still close to St. George and it's still warm. "Oh, OK." I was dying of excitement at this point! We got off the freeway, pulled onto the street of Disneyland and this is what happened...
It took a minute to sink in. I love after we tell them, they both ask, "Can we can go?" As if we would just drive by, show them, and not go in :) Then we got in the hotel room...




We arrived on Sunday so we'd be able to start bright and early on Monday. We took the girls down to Newport, my life long summer vacation spot. Sadly, Ava has never been to the beach. She bee-lined for the water and never thought twice about how cold it was. It made me sad that we haven't been here for so long. It is my goal to make it back SOON! We'll see if we can make it happen?



Heaven!

Monday Morning -We are ready!





This "baa-loo" was the highlight of the trip for Ava. She thought it was the greatest thing and had so much fun with it. Don't mind the no pants look, she spilled a cup of lemonade on herself in the stroller.

A fun last minute surprise was The Johnson's decided to join up with us for a couple days while they visited Ryan's parents.
Look at all of those screaming faces :) Chris, Mya, Ryan, Bella, Angie, Christian (Ryan's Brother) And, Ryan's Dad with his head down. It was his first time on this ride and I guess very out of character for him.

One last surprise for all of us, my mom showed up out of nowhere on Tuesday night to spend a couple days with us. We were there for Bella's birthday which was so fun. Disneyland spoiled her, she got a gift card to spend at any store and a Birthday pin so everybody knew it was her special day. She got so much attention all day. What's better than a birthday in Disneyland? She was very happy!


Really, we had the best time and hope to return again!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Seriously, I don't know how you did that long drive without telling them you were going to Disneyland! My kids complain that Walmart is too long a drive!
Awesome trip, you guys!

mickie schneider said...

What a fun a little trip, there is no way i could have kept that a secret the whole way there! Your girls are adorable and its fun keeping up with you guys.

dannyandbrewright said...

Amy I love reading your posts! It's so fun to hear all the little things that go on with your cute family. I especially love the surprise vacation! What awesome parents you guys are!! :) I love that you got their reaction on film... that will be so neat to hold onto!

Emily Heider said...

Oh my gosh, Jonathan and I both can't believe you got to DISNEYLAND before your girls noticed!! You are awesome! ;-) I love the baa-loo!! That is fabulous. How fun!! I'm totally jealous!