2.28.2010

Grandma Recksiek

Seriously, can there be a sweeter, cuter, Grandma in the whole world? We don't think so. This is my Mom's Mom, Grandma Recksiek. The girls and I took her dinner a few weeks ago. We don't visit her nearly enough. The girls couldn't remember the last time we were there, if that tells you how long ago :( Very horrible of me! They were SO interested and excited to explore her home and look at all of her collections. She loves Owls, Bears and Kitten's. My Grandma and Grandpa came here from Germany almost 50 years ago. This is the same house they have always lived in. It is very cool. I'm pretty sure they have not replaced anything in the house, besides painting. Everything is original. It is so great to just listen to her talk with her strong German accent. Their stories are amazing, I'll have to ask her next time if she has kept a journal over the years. My Grandpa passed away a few years ago leaving her very lonely. They were the ultimate picture of a cute, affectionate, loving couple, who adored everything about each other. He is very missed. Us girls decided we will make this a tradition to visit her a couple times a month. We don't last long with busy Ava, but even a little time gives us priceless memories.

I couldn't finish this post and not mention Grandma Wright, my Dad's Mom. This woman has conquered the world and back. I have never met a stronger woman who has been through SO much and is so full of faith and love. We are so lucky to have these wonderful women in our lives!
This picture will be a teaser for my last recap month, December. (really, it's the only picture I could find of my grandma)

2 comments:

Paula said...

Sweet post about your Grandmas. Very special ladies! You are so lucky to still have them in your life and be able to have your kids know them!

dannyandbrewright said...

Both grandmas are soo amazing!!! What sweet ladies! We need to visit them both more often too! We can learn so much from both of them! :)